School Support Designation


What does it mean?

As a property owner in Ontario, you are required to support a school system, even if you do not have children or your children are not currently attending school. This information can be found on your Property Assessment Notice.

For residential properties that are occupied by tenants, the tenants school support preference will supersede that of the owners.

For properties that have more than one self-contained unit, such as a duplex, the tenants for each unit can direct their school support, as though they were assessed separately.

School support designation helps property owners and tenants identify which school board they wish to support in a school board election. School support information collected by MPAC is provided to municipalities and school boards for planning purposes.

  You will need your most recent MPAC assessment, including your roll number and the Access Key found on the assessment.

Click the link below to go to the MPAC page:

MPAC School Support Designation