NIPISSING & PARRY SOUND, ON – Appointments are available at COVID-19 vaccine clinics taking place
throughout the Nipissing and Parry Sound districts this week. At this time, the North Bay Parry Sound District
Health Unit (Health Unit) is not accepting walk-ins. Individuals can book an appointment at
Ontario.ca/BookVaccine, or by calling the Health Unit call centre at 1-844-478-1400.
Those with an appointment are reminded to bring a health card or another form of identification, if possible.
Appointments are available at the following clinics this week:
• Sunday, Jan. 16, Children’s clinic at Mattawa Golden Age Club (476 Poplar St., Mattawa) from noon to
• Thursday, Jan. 13, Children’s clinic at Northgate Shopping Centre, former Gap location (1500 Fisher St.,
North Bay), from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Friday. Jan. 14 at Northgate Shopping Centre, former Gap location, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Saturday, Jan. 15, Children’s clinic at Parry Sound Mall from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Friday, Jan. 14 at Marcel Noël Hall (219 O’Hara St., Sturgeon Falls) from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Children must be at least five years of age to receive a vaccine at a children’s clinic. The pediatric COVID-19
vaccine approved for use in five to 11 year-olds is not yet available at regular clinics. Those unable to book
into a children’s clinic can have their five to 11 year-old vaccinated at a participating pharmacy.
The Health Unit is recommending eight weeks between first and second doses for everyone five years of age
and older. Individuals 18 years of age and older are eligible to receive a third dose 84 days after their second
For more information, visit myhealthunit.ca/GetVaccinated.
Alex McDermid, Public Relations Specialist
P: 705-474-1400, ext. 5221 or 1-800-563-2808